What is Lean?
James P. Womack, Daniel T. Jones and Daniel Roos wrote The Machine That Changed the World, based on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s study on the future of the automobile and first published in 1990. It was during this study that the term Lean was coined.
Another concise, elevator pitch definition that must be unfolded for grasping the full meaning.
What definition? Elevator pitch that can be oversimplifying or mini conference scaring the audience?
Challenging to craft a concise definition.
- Value, value-added, value stream
- Muda, Muri, Mura, variations around waste
- Three easy steps for better and safe work environment
- Defects cost double: each time a product/service has to be reworked, redone, replaced the costs soar
- 5S: The Quick Beginner’s Guide to 5S
- ABC analysis for efficient picking
- Visual management for easy counting (video)
- FIFO and LIFO simple explanation (video)
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- SMED explained while doing laundry (part 1) and part 2 – Recover wasted capacity with SMED
- A3 Reports and A3 problem solving >Deeper into A3 reports >Four uses of A3 reports
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM) – What is VSM good for?