The shape of the Pyramid if common to mankind since groups of humans organized themselves according to roles and specialities. To free a medicine man from the tribe’s chores, the others had to take over hunting, building, defense, etc. Thus only one shaman per n people was bearable. Go on with other specialities and very soon you build a hierarchical pyramid.
Even if organizations seem to evolve toward other forms: flat, holacracy… the pyramid still prevails.
As a consultant, I could visit and help lots of companies, understand their organization and watch what happens to their hierarchical structure.
The Tales from the Pyramid are small stories about what can happen in organizations as they grow big enough to have a structure a single person cannot monitor and control every deviation within.
- Tales from the Pyramid – What versus How
- Tales from the Pyramid – The hole in the pyramid
- Tales from the Pyramid – Head first
- Tales from the Pyramid – The ivory tower
- Tales from the Pyramid – The torn pyramid
- Tales from the Pyramid – Base first
- Tales from the Pyramid – Swiss cheese