- Respect for people: it starts with saying hello
- Lean Transformation Model by John Shook
- Why I don’t like Lean houses, except one
- Lean transformation model as TP trees
- Value, value-added, value stream
- Why this lean obsession about waste?
- If tool age didn’t pave the way of management age
- Lean Thinking and Zero-Base Budgeting (ZBB)
- What Candy Crush Saga can teach (Lean) Management – One more management lesson from candy crush
- The Catalyst
Lean Management tools
- Measurement is the first improvement step – What data for changeover monitoring and improvement?
- Solve problems and improve with few, messy data – Interference Diagram
- Hoshin Kanri or policy deployment and How Goal Tree can help Hoshin Kanri
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM) – What is VSM good for?
- Gemba, what is gemba?
- Gemba walk: what is a gemba walk? – Chek-lists for gemba walks – Five good reasons to gemba walk – Goal-focused gemba walks – Gemba walk: go for the why, not the who (don’t look for someone to blame)
- Scrutiny as talent
- A3 problem solving >Deeper into A3 reports >Four uses of A3 reports
- Operational coaching
- What is Kaizen? Learn about continuous improvement. What is a Kaizen event? – Downsides of Kaizen events
- What is supplier development?
How Lean are you?
Lean Assessment – A series of posts on how to assess leanness.
- Part 1 to 4 is about trying to setup significant metrics to measure and benchmark.
- Part 5 is about qualitative approach
- Part 6 describes gemba walk as lean assessment for qualifying audit
How can Lean help shaping the future?
How can Lean help startups?
- How Lean can help startups – Do not repeat mistakes of established companies 1/2
- How Lean can help startups – Do not repeat mistakes of established companies 2/2
Myths and realities about Lean
- Reflecting on Lean – Lean Confusion by Jill Jusko
- The fallacy of bottom-up Lean initiatives – Part 1
- The fallacy of bottom-up Lean initiatives – Part 2
- We are all Lean now, what’s next?
- When Lean increase costs
- Are we Lean Thinking without even noticing?
- Lean rule of thirds
- 5 ways Lean guys trigger rejection on shopfloor
- Is Lean about eliminating waste or not?
Many organizations undertake a Lean journey and many fail after some time, sliding back to old habits and usual performance. What is behind those failures and how to prevent them?
- Lean, so many failures ?
- Lean failures and Jim Womack’s 3P
- Improvements that last are built on stable employees’ layer